Still Working on the Details
It is not as though everything is set in stone, but we are getting closer to where we have a good plan for how to approach the wedding. The big problem is the sheer number of people that will be invited, right now it is over two hundred and fifty and there seems to be a lot of resistance to reducing it. We have decided to hold the wedding and the reception at this farm where they host weddings. They have a beautiful meadow where they can set up a wedding tipi and then you really want to pray for a nice sunny day after that. Of course if it rains, then you are going to have a lot of problems and not all of them can be adequately addressed. It is a risk that is worth it given the savings that we can get from it, but it is a big time risk. The truth is that you could probably not shelter half of the people who shall attend in two of these tents.
Of course a little rain never hurt no one, but a torrential downpour is a different story. It would not bother most men very much to get a little bit wet and you can always bring an umbrella, but that is not a very pleasant way to spend a Saturday afternoon and you could not expect people to stand around for very long. Obviously you would have a number of people who might be frail, especially those who are elderly and the youngest kids. No one would even expect them to be left out in the rain. Of course if it rains, we are going to need a contingency plan, but there is not much reason to think it can really be a very good one.